Two airports to be the gateway of Thailand. Donmueang Airport is the first airport of Thailand. However, when passengers increase, Suvarnabhumi Airport was built for spreading out the crowed people from Donmueang Airport. Nowadays, Donmueang Airport becomes main domestic airport on the other hand Suvarnabhumi Airport service by focusing on International flight.
There are many ways from Suvarnabhumi Airport to downtown as the following.
- Limousine : The convenient way to the city, the passenger can reserve the limousine 7/24 hours at the limousine counter by themselves around arrival hall.
- Car Hire :There are a variety or car rental services around the arrival hall, gate 8.
- Airport Rail Link :the city. The station was located at the basement. The opening hours from 6.00 am. – 12.00 am.
- Public Transportation :This is a popular way for tourists because it is very convenient and save cost. Passengers can take a shuttle bus from arrival hall to public transportation center.
- Airport Shuttle Bus (Suvarnabhumi – Donmueang)This is the airport free service, opening hours from 5.00 am. – 12.00 am. Passengers can take the bus at second floor, gate 3.
- Taxi :This an alternative choice for the passengers. However, it is quite expensive because of airport fees and long time to wait the queue. but this service still suit for passengers with many belongings, family group. Passengers can take taxi at the counter around gate 4 or 7 24 hours.
Getting to Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Public Bus :This transportation is a good choice for tourists because it is very convenient and save cost. Moreover, tourists also can enjoy city view on the way to Airport.
- Taxi :This an alternative choice for the passengers who are in the rush hour, passengers with many belongings, family group. The option is able to answer these passenger’s requirement perfectly.
- Airport Rail Link :This transportation is the fastest way to get the airport because it was connected with other public transportation (BTS at Phaya Thai Station and MRT Phetburi Station then interchange at Makkasan Station). As a result, passengers do not need to waste their time on the road. The opening hours from 6.00 am. – 12.00 am.
However, whatever ways you choose, you must spare time for the traffic jam and make sure that you will arrive the airport at least 1 hour and half in advance before boarding time. Please check-in 2-3 hours in advance before take-off.
Don Mueang International Airport is the airport which provides a wide variety of aviation services including regular and irregular domestic flights as well as irregular international flights. Due to the good location, spacious area, and adequate facilities, Don Mueang Airport is an airport which customers have been greatly satisfied with. Tourist can get to Donmueang Airport by public bus, taxi, and limousine.
However, whatever ways you choose, you must spare time for the traffic jam and make sure that you will arrive the airport at least 1 hour and half in advance before boarding time.